Sufficient parking plays an essential role in modern life, and business - “no parking, no business”. With a total of 234 million registered cars the demand for on-site parking facilities keeps increasing, especially in central locations.
As a pioneer in parking investments, we can build on a deep network of operators and developers, as well as a significant track record in sustainable parking funds. Our experienced fund managers will identify high-performing investment opportunities and develop a tailor-made fund solution for you.
|Investment volume:||> EUR 100m|
|Portfolio:||13 parking properties in Germany (10 multi-storey car parks & 3 underground parking garages)|
|Parking spaces:||ca. 6.700|
|Strategy:||Buy - Build - Manage (long term) - Exit|
|Operators:||APCOA, Q-Park, VINCI and regional operators|
After the successful launch of a German Special Fund comprising six parking garages in preferred, central locations in 2010, “Parkhaus II-Fonds” focuses on building up a well-diversified portfolio of attractive parking facilities in Germany and Europe.
|Fund structure:||German Special Fund in accordance with KAGB|
|Fund management:||E&G Funds & Asset Management GmbH|
|German Special Fund (open-ended):||Real estate investment fund "Parkhaus II-Fonds"|
|Group of investors:||Insurances, pension funds, institutional investors, family offices|
|Equity:||up to EUR 100m|
|Risk profile / target region:||Core, Core + / Europe|
|Target portfolio:||Multi-storey car parks, underground parking garages and external parking space in central locations|
|Target volume:||EUR 200m|
|Minimum commitment:||EUR 10m|
|Target leverage:||max. 50 %|
|Fund strategy:||Buy - Build – Manage (Long-Term) – Exit|
|Target distribution / returns:||6 % p.a. / IRR 10 years: 9 %|
Parking Fund Portfolio
Building type: Multi-storey car park
Year of construction: 2015
Parking spaces: 490
The newly developed multi-storey car park is located in the centre of the city between the main bus station and the commercial pedestrian area "Holm", adjacent to the Karstadt-Warenhaus.
Building type: Multi-storey car park
Year of construction: 2010
Parking spaces: 344
The highly modern multi-storey car park is situated in the northern part of the inner city, in Close vicinity to the "Dutch Quarter" of Potsdam. The property profits from a hospital, a medical centre and a pharmacy in the direct neighbourhood. It is only a short walk to the central Commercial district of Potsdam.
Building Types: 3 multi-storey car parks, 1 Underground parking Garage
Operator: Parkservice Hüfner GmbH & Co. KG
Year of rennovations: 2008 - 2011
Parking spaces: ca. 1,400
The parking Portfolio comprises four parking properties in Villingen-Schwenningen, covering about 80% of the city's demand. All four parking garages are centrally located, providing direct access to the high streets of the two cities. The parking facilities are in direct vicsinity to anchor businesses such as a convection centre, a hotel, cinemas and restaurants.
Markets & Locations
- Germany and Europe
- Central locations, train stations, hospitals, airports, event centres
Property Investment Criteria
- Multi-storey car parks, underground parking garages incl. external parking space
- Min. 50% rental income from parking in mixed used properties
- Min. investment volume EUR 5m
- Max. investment volume EUR 40m
- Ownership, part ownership, project developments, leasehold deals
- Share deals or asset deals
- Newly-built or existing properties, properties with upside potential
Lease Terms & Operators
- Preferably long-term lease contracts, properties with existing leases
- Preferably renown operators and regional market leaders (e.g. APCOA, Interparking, Q-Park, Indigo)
- Fixed leases, also in combination with turnover-based leases
- If required, fund management will provide an operator or found an operating company together with the owner
Property Due Diligence
- Site map, extract from land register incl. ownership structure, pictures and floor plans of the property, building encumbrances
- Macro / Micro location
- Lease contracts, service charge calculations, property management
- Year of completion, condition of building and surfase coating (chloride analysis)
- Turnover, number of entering vehicles, existing leases for long-term parking spaces
- All relevant information affecting the value of the property
We look forward to receiving investment proposals from portfolio holders and project developers. Please state in your quotation that the property is offered directly without brokerage fee.
Investment proposals from brokers should clearly state any commission fees and include written proof of their mandate by the owner or of the exclusive-right-to-sell the respective property.
Please submit your investment proposals per email to email@example.com